Madison Originals is a member-driven organization and active participation is required.
Please complete this form for Madison Originals membership consideration.
Applications will be reviewed for consideration by the Madison Originals Board members.
Note: The restaurant owner is required to attend the Board of Directors meeting when the application is reviewed for membership.
- Business must be located in Dane County or counties contiguous to Dane County
- Business owners, totaling more than 50% ownership, must live in Dane County or counties contiguous to Dane County.
- Business must be registered in Wisconsin with headquarters in Dane County area
- Business cannot pay or collect franchise fees
- Business owner(s) are required to be present at the Madison Originals board meeting
- when their membership application is scheduled for review
- High quality establishment and clean, healthy work environment
- Business must work to embrace and support the local economy. It could be through the use of local ingredients, by showcasing local artists and musicians, or many other options. It is up to the business to describe its "localness" during application process, and up to the board to review and evaluate
- Group Gift Certificate program, which increases consumer awareness and number of diners
- Access to marketing partnerships and community events
- Cooperative marketing
- Listing on Madison Originals website
- Inclusion in Madison Originals e-newsletters and on social media sites
- Discount Partnership offers from associate members
- Camaraderie between restaurants – professionally and during community outreach projects
- Dues to the Madison Originals are $550 in gift certificates sold at a discount each quarter ($2200 value annually). This includes membership in Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB).
- Attend at least three of our four yearly meetings
- Periodic marketing programs as agreed on by the Board of Directors/Marketing Board
- Group Gift Certificate program
- Madison Originals logo on restaurant website and advertising materials
- Be ambassadors of our organization, speaking positively on our behalf when the opportunity presents itself
- Participate in one or more of the local charitable causes our group supports
- Serve on our board and/or a committee within two years of joining, and at least every three years thereafter
- Belonging to the group means actively participating, as defined above. Members who do not adhere to requirements will be considered inactive, and will need to reapply for membership